5wk Wellsummer chick puffed up lethargic

My 5week old Welsummer chick has been puffed up for 3 days now. She just sits still, puffed up in the sun and barely walks around. I started her on Corid yesterday and dipped her beak to make sure she drank enough but no improvement today. She ate/drank out of my hand but isn’t going out of her way to feed herself. I haven’t seen her poop but there’s no diarrhea or blood in any of the stool in our coop/run.

She has a sister her age and her sister is fully feathered. She still has some down feathers on her neck.

No physical signs of injury, infection or mites/lice. Her feet feathers and face all look normal.

I use all purpose sand as their run bedding a their coop has pine shavings. None of the other birds are acting any different.
FINAL UPDATE Ellie, our adorable Wellsummer is thriving. Thanks everyone for their suggestions. Some combination of everything worked out for her. She is finally putting on some weight and fitting back in with the flock.

Attachments

• IMG_0431.jpeg
    IMG_0431.jpeg
    775.3 KB · Views: 3
FINAL UPDATE Ellie, our adorable Wellsummer is thriving. Thanks everyone for their suggestions. Some combination of everything worked out for her. She is finally putting on some weight and fitting back in with the flock.
:clapShe looks great! I LOVE Welsummers! Mine is 5, she's top lady of my flock, follows me everywhere and still lays eggs sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom