6 1/2 mth. old not laying?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wildflower, Sep 20, 2007.

1. wildflower

wildflower Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I have a little Polish hen who has been sick, so I have isolated her. She hasn't layed any eggs in the three days alone. I realized that perhaps she isn't laying yet. I do see her on the nest, but she and our one other Polish, sleep in the nests. We have a Cochin as well, so we have been getting a few smallish off white eggs, I assumed they were coming from Cher and Mz. J the Polish girls. Anyone know if these type of chickens lay late? Or maybe her illness (I think is was dehyderation) is stopping her? The Aracana's and Rhode Island's have been laying regularly since July.

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yep, you are right on with your thinking about the lack of water. That is one of the most important issues in good chicken health. Any good treats you supplement her feed with will help alot. Leftovers, like meat and cook veggies, a little bread, not alot will bring her back to good health. Laying will take time, but with good nutrition and constant water, that will happen also.

bigzio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by