1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

(6:22am) *RING RING*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by max13077, Apr 12, 2009.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

"Who the (BEEP) is calling at six thirty on Easter Sunday!!!!"

"Oh are you gonna get it! "Hello!"

(Cheerfully) "Hello, this is so&so from the Syracuse regional post office distribution center, is this Max?"

(Surprised) "Yes, this is Max..."

"Sorry to bother you this early but I have you chicks here and wondered if you would like to come pick them up?"

(With a renewed sense of vigor!) "I certainly will come pick them up!!!"

Here they are!! YEAH!!! Fuzzy-butts!!!!!

The whole crew
    [​IMG]

My new layers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BBQ down the road...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Cute. [​IMG] I thought the mail stopped all together for the holiday but I guess some poor mail people still have to work today. Good luck with them! I love the ones with the feathered feet [​IMG] I am hoping my eggs hatch today so I can have some Easter chicks actually born on Easter.

3. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    that P.O. guy gets the chocolate bunny award today for calling you - glad to know they will go that extra mile for ya!!

4. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    [​IMG]
    congrats!

5. Quella

Quella Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    That has to be the shortest yet most wonderful phone conversation you've ever come across.
    Go Post Office Guy!

6. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

you forgot this part..........

CLick, hang up......***falls on his knees *** "GOD please forgive me for the horrid thoughts about who disturbed my wonderful sleep on Easter Sunday but OH MY THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for allowing that call to come through to me and for giving that postal man the human nature and care for your little critters to call me to make sure my fuzzy butts are taken care of and delivered properly."

Have a HAPPY EASTER
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Congratulations!! Give that postman some brownie points!!!

Ooh... maybe we should start a BYC Brownie Point reward system. Where we can nominate a postal worker for an official pat on the back from BYC for doing the right thing. [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

9. Turtle

Turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Lyles,TN
    [​IMG]

10. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Congratulations!! Give that postman some brownie points!!!

Ooh... maybe we should start a BYC Brownie Point reward system. Where we can nominate a postal worker for an official pat on the back from BYC for doing the right thing. [​IMG]

Good idea!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by