6 acres enough for Ostrich Farm?

BleuSaphir

Crowing
11 Years
Oct 24, 2012
Santa Clarita, CA
Is 6 acres is enough to do ostrich farming on a small scale? I have thought about the prospect of doing petting farm style where local residence can come by and feed the animals and then long term raising meats and hides.
I have vacant land listing, personally I don't think I will sell it successfully. Long term later on the road, I would like to make offer with my client. Go figure. 😅

Is 6 acres is enough to do ostrich farming on a small scale? I have thought about the prospect of doing petting farm style where local residence can come by and feed the animals and then long term raising meats and hides.
I have vacant land listing, personally I don't think I will sell it successfully. Long term later on the road, I would like to make offer with my client. Go figure. 😅
Hello....With the info you are providing, I would think you have an excellent shot at making it go...Keep the actual number of birds fairly low, run trios or quads and DO show the birds off to the public....They sell themselves and giving the opportunity for the public to view them will reap rewards....Insure the ranch for liability reasons and GO FOR IT !....Much depends on location....
Please feel free to contact us and maybe even schedule a ranch visit....We would be thrilled to help you get started !! Ostrich Rancher,
Quail Run OSTRICH Ranch, Lake Hughes, CA, 93532

Hello....With the info you are providing, I would think you have an excellent shot at making it go...Keep the actual number of birds fairly low, run trios or quads and DO show the birds off to the public....They sell themselves and giving the opportunity for the public to view them will reap rewards....Insure the ranch for liability reasons and GO FOR IT !....Much depends on location....
Please feel free to contact us and maybe even schedule a ranch visit....We would be thrilled to help you get started !! Ostrich Rancher,
Quail Run OSTRICH Ranch, Lake Hughes, CA, 93532
I've heard of your ranch! Never thought you be a member on here! LOL

Back
Top Bottom