6+ Bantam Polish, WC Black, Chocolate, other colors *Updated/more eggs

Crunchie

Brook Valley Farm
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Maryland
Update: As of now, I've got 11 eggs ready to ship tomorrow. So you'll get at least 5 extras in addition to the 6.

This is a one-day listing for 6+ eggs from my bantam Polish pens. Eggs will ship tomorrow, Wednesday April 28th. They are laying well, but I simply can't set any more eggs right now--I'm up to my ears in bobble-headed Polish fluff!
lol.png
These eggs are fresh--I just came back from the barn, & I've got 7 eggs sitting here that were all laid today, so no eggs will be more than 2 days old at time of shipping. I can't guarantee any more than the 7 I have right now, but should they lay more between now and when I package them to ship tomorrow, I will include those as well.

Because these eggs will need to be shipped tomorrow, payment must be instant PayPal only and I must receive payment no later than early Wednesday morning (say, sometime around 8:00 a.m. Eastern time) so that I can package and ship these eggs!
smile.png
If you want 'em, hit "buy it now" and PM or email me for PayPal information.

Eggs will be from two different pens--these two pens (eggs will be marked as to which pen they came from) are set up to produce several different colors--while at least half of the eggs will likely produce white crested black, this is also an excellent chance to get some unique, rare color varieties of bantam Polish. These are not mixed colors. All varieties you hatch will be pure. All varieties you might hatch, with the exception of chocolate cuckoo, are recognized colors within the breed. I will be happy to answer any questions you have about the colors/genetics, what colors can be bred to what colors & what they will produce, etc. The birds in my breeding pens are of nice quality. I cannot guarantee the quality of the birds you will hatch, but all of my stock originated with private breeders and I do my best to breed toward the SOP & with the intent to produce show quality birds for myself. The two pens are set up as follows:

Pen 1: White crested black rooster over wc blue frizzle, wc chocolate cuckoo, and wc black hens. This pen could produce white crested blacks, wc blues, wc chocolates, wc cuckoos, and wc chocolate cuckoos, with a small chance of a frizzle in black or blue (only one blue frizzle hen in the pen).

Pen 2: White crested chocolate rooster over wc chocolate (one is a frizzle) and wc black hens. This pen could produce wc blacks, wc chocolates, and wc khakis, with a small chance of a frizzle (only one chocolate hen is a frizzle).

I want you to have good results, and I will only send fresh, well-packaged eggs. I am having great hatch rates here at home, but due to shipping, incubator issues, and other circumstances beyond my control, I cannot guarantee your results. Shipping is $12.50 and includes delivery confirmation. Payment by instant PayPal only for this auction because, as stated above, payment will be required asap so that I can ship your eggs Wednesday, April 28th. I am an AI & Pullorum tested/free flock.

If you have any questions, please ask!

613_dsc_1058.jpg
613_dsc_1014.jpg

613_pair.jpg
613_dsc_2042.jpg

613_dsc_0987.jpg

613_dsc_0991.jpg

613_dsc_0994.jpg

Last edited:
UGGG I am serriously considerring a new breed, and these are small.... I'd only need to build a small coop...dang such temptation!

HUBBY WOULD KILL ME!

Last edited:
Quote:
Not from these, sorry--because they are just from today, if I only sent you the eggs from my choc pen, you wouldn't get many eggs. I could do 6+ to ship on Monday, 5/3 (or another date), if you wanted, because then I could collect Sat/Sun/Mon & just get you eggs from the one pen. Keep in mind, though, if you aren't familiar--what we call chocolate in Polish is actually caused by the dun gene, which works like blue. So black X choc = 50% black, 50% choc; choc X choc = 50% choc, 25% black, 25% khaki, etc., etc. My chocolate pen has a choc rooster over black and choc hens, so you get the idea. Anyway, if you want eggs from just that pen at a later date, just PM me.
smile.png

ETA: I just collected 4 more eggs, and they were all from my "P2" pen (choc rooster over black/choc hens). This makes 7 out of 11 eggs from the P2 pen, so you'd have a decent chance of hatching a couple of chocolates. The offer to send just choc over black/choc eggs at a later date still stands, though.
smile.png

Quote:
If your hubby is like my hubby, he couldn't tell the difference between Polish & a Silkie--maybe you could fly them "under the radar."
lol.png

Last edited:
Wow Those are some nice tops on those birds. Usually you see a lot black mixed in the topknot and they are the fullest I've seen to. Nice birds. Wish I had room for another breed. Good luck. Just wanted to say how nice they are.

Quote:
Thank you! The little teeny pic of the pair side-by-side was plucked/groomed for show, but the others are natural. I culled pretty heavy when I first started with these a few years ago, and I typically don't keep any birds with color throughout the crest or really small or badly shaped crests. Now I do have one wc chocolate hen in one of my pens that has a some color throughout the crest, but she had very nice chocolate color & was decent otherwise so I paired her with a rooster with a good crest & figured I'd work with it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom