6 chickens, 3 days, No eggs.

It's not unusual even for "lap chickens" not to want to be touched when they are molting. You might consider a bag of game bird feed instead of layer during this period. They don't need the added calcium while they aren't making eggs, and the game bird feed has a bit more protein.

Well, color me confused.......

I woke up to 3 frozen white eggs this morning. So .. the leghorns might be over whatever was going on out there. Still nothing from my comets but I'll keep watch today and see if anything happens.

Quote:
They're about a year old now. Got them from Tractor supply store. It's ridiculous cold here (Syracuse area). When they stopped laying we had crazy cold, followed by springtime warm, followed immediately by crazy cold again (below zero temps). Maybe just stress from the rapid weather changes?

Last edited:
theylaid two more eggs but then stopped again we let them out to rome the yard,will they sit,how many eggs do bantams collect until they sit

My steady lady- Cupcake, a 2yr old white leghorn had a sore vent and BluKote has seemed to help a lot though she has not resumed laying as yet. I've had one of my Reds, Betty, moulting since November and just recently has "laid" an element that resembles silly putty in look and texture more than anything of an egg with a shell.. while the other ladies are off and on with the eggs. . . .none of the pictures I've seen resemble what I'm looking at .

Last time that happened to me, I went to pull a bale of hay down from the stack and had 14 eggs come crashing down on my forehead. There was only 2 inches between the hay and the ceiling but they managed to get in there and lay.

Back
Top Bottom