6 days left for muscovy eggs to hutch and emergency incubator. Help

Pics
You want humidity high to prevent srink wrap in the last 4-5 days, I would suggest spray bottle with clean warm water from a water bottle and try to spritz when you open to control the temperature this is important because when they do pip if it's too dry the inside membrane can dry shrink and suffocate the babies 😣

I would love to see the babies that hatch naturally if you have pictures?
1652388775707.png

Thats the photo when she (i guess from the colour, parents are coloured like wild mallards) was about 10-12 hours. She got a brother who seems to be a runt but he isn't bullied or anything and they are only ones from natural hatch. I can make more photos tomorrow. I got also 3 ducks from my ducks eggs who friend with incubator hatched for me and they are about 25 days old now but i didn't make photos yet

Kudos to @New duck mommy 2021 for helping so much.
@KranK, I'm so sorry your darlings didn't hatch. You may want to look at an incubator and possibly a candler for the future. I use a Magicfly, which isn't the best, but I used it for the first time last month to hatch some geese eggs, and except for one quitter who died of internal/genetic causes, I had a 100% hatch rate. It doesn't come with a hydrometer or thermometer, but it seems to be overall a pretty steady bator.
1652566065931.png

In my experience if the temperature is too cool for any length of time it can delay the hatch by a few days. It's the humidity that makes a huge difference because it determines how big the air pocket is. Over 105° F for 30 minutes or longer will kill the embryos. You probably need to add another cup of water in the last 4 days.

Back
Top Bottom