6 Extremely Rare Blue Isbar Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by johnnymac221, Dec 20, 2011.

1. johnnymac221

johnnymac221 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Payne
    [​IMG]

My Blue Isbars have started laying so I should have 6 more eggs available to ship next week, or for local pickup. I live in NE Alabama.

My isbars were acquired from Greenfire Farms 2-3 months ago. They are a beautiful bird, very docile, and lay a peculiar green speckled egg. I would encourage you to read more about them here: http://greenfirefarms.com/store/category/chickens/isbars/

If
    you have any questions, please let me know. I will ship as soon auction ends and I have acquired the freshest 6 eggs for you. I have 6 in the incubator right now, so hopefully I'll have some chicks up for sale soon as well.

Although the blue genetics makes it difficult to tell, these are an auto-sexing breed like the Cream Legbar. They will produce blue, black, white and/or splash chicks.

Thanks,

John

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  2. cjwaldon

cjwaldon Overrun With Chickens

Sep 11, 2011
    Missouri, USA
    My Coop
    How many hens do you have laying right now? Can you post pictures of the parents? Wish I had room in the 'bator. Maybe next time.

3. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    If I won...could you ship after the first of the year?

4. johnnymac221

Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Payne
    Hi all, thanks for the questions. I do not have pictures and I'm sorry that I do not. I will be in Atlanta, GA until Sunday so I will have to post them as soon as I get back.

If you win, I will be happy to ship whenever you prefer as long as payment is made.

Thanks again!

John

5. johnnymac221

Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Payne
    Oh, and I only have one hen that is laying at the moment.

6. Chicks4MyFamily

Chicks4MyFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Valley City, OH
    have you checked fertility? Have you hatched any yet?

7. johnnymac221

Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Payne
    Quote:I have six in the incubator and will check for veining Sunday and let you know.

8. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist Premium Member

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:Will you be back before the auction ends?

9. johnnymac221

Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Payne
    I'll be back tomorrow night and will check. My rooster is very active so I'm doubtful there unfertile, but if I don't see veining I'll break open one of the eggs and see. Won't ship unless I'm sure they are fertile.

10. johnnymac221

Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Payne
    Quote:Will you be back before the auction ends?

Got back in this evening. Eggs in the bator look good, though it is a bit difficult to tell with the moss green shell. Cracked an egg open from the coop gathered a few days ago and it is fertile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by