Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
Rare Feathers Farm is proud to offer:

Auction Info:

6+ Hatching eggs from my rare breeds flock. These are standard (giant) Golden Laced Cochin hatching eggs. These are TEST EGGS--meaning you're testing fertility as well as hatch-ability after shipping. Please understand that I have NOT tested fertility here--other than noticing white dots when I make quiche on the weekends.
smile.png

PLEASE NOTE, I WILL NOT BE OFFERING THESE FOR SALE MUCH THIS YEAR AS I'M WORKING ON MY OWN STOCK THIS SEASON.

DSCN4029-1.jpg

These are not your poor hatchery, run-of-the-mill Golden Laced Cochins you see all over the internet. Look at the lacing on my hen (pictured) and you can see that the quality speaks for itself here. You rarely see a bird this correct with this kind of lacing! And even more rarely, you have an opportunity to improve your flock with eggs like these!

Please note, the rooster's comb was "perfect," it just got a little frostbite on the tips last winter.

DSCN4341-1.jpg

The eggs are gathered twice per day and shipped USPS Priority mail with a tracking number.

Breed Info:

These are PUREBRED, QUALITY birds from excellent stock. Like all Cochin, the Golden Laced are very gentle birds with a tendency to go broody. I have found that exactly 50% of my hens show broodiness and the other 50% never do. These are large, round birds with very sweet temperaments. They have nice Asiatic heads, correct foot color and nice size.

DSCN4351-1.jpg

Hatching Info:

Chicken eggs take 21 days to hatch.

Additional Shipping Info:

Each egg will be individually wrapped to prevent breakage while they are in transit. I will send any/all extras just in case any of the eggs do crack or break.

I will ship the eggs as close to the beginning of the week as possible (I ship on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & sometimes, on Thursdays) so they will not sit at the post office over the weekend. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me, I will be more than happy to answer you!

Fine Print:

I cannot guarantee hatch-ability due to many variables out of my control after the eggs leave my farm--such as shipping & handling, incubation equipment, and incubation methods.

Patience
Please remember I am not a 24-hour fast food place where you can order and expect service immediately! I am doing this as a hobby and I work as fast and efficiently as the time allows. I do have a 40+ hour per week "real job." I cannot guarantee specific availability dates, as I cannot guarantee the laying rate of each of the many breeds that I have. I will get to each and every person that places an order - in the order the date that I receive that order through the web store.

PAYMENT AND SHIPPING POLICY:
I prefer PayPal but also accept money orders and cashier's checks.

Payment must be received within 7 days of auction end or item will be re-listed & negative feedback WILL be left!

GOOD LUCK & HAPPY HATCHING!

I love those GL
love.gif

PLEASE NOTE, I WILL NOT BE OFFERING THESE FOR SALE MUCH THIS YEAR AS I'M WORKING ON MY OWN STOCK THIS SEASON.

I'll just wait till they are fertile 100%, would hate to have duds, can't wait
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I'll just wait till they are fertile 100%, would hate to have duds, can't wait
thumbsup.gif

Thanks! I'll be setting a lot of my own eggs this spring/summer as well as adding a new line into flock, all in hopes of getting better birds....

Back
Top Bottom