6 Laying hens - Marshall, Missouri

HappyTalons

Chirping
12 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Mid-Missouri
We've had an unfortunate run in with a neighbor and rather than keep our girls cooped up we'd like to give them away to a good home until we can get a new place for more chickens!

There are 2 black sex links, 2 easter eggers (green egg layers), a black australorp and a barred rock. They are all reasonably good layers, especially the black sex links. They have been free ranged until recently and forage well, we hope they can get a similar home. We cannot ship but can drive a fair distance - perhaps 4-5 hours to a good home or more depending on the quality of the setup. :)

Last edited:
I would just like to add that these are very tame well loved/handled birds. A couple will even squat for our 22 month old son. All of them are easy to handle.... though only 4 out of the 6 are truly lap chickens. Jump right up on your lap if you have food in your hand or just walk up to you for some attention. Most of them are excellent layers and far exceed my families ability to eat eggs. They all lay regularly in the summer and a couple will lay most of the winter as well. Needless to say they are very popular at my work place. The only reason we are giving them away is we do not like not being able to free range them and we need to get our house into shape before we can move. We want them to have a happy life. Please let my wife (happy talons) know if you are interested and we will make our decision in a day or so.

Hi, I would be interested in your hens. I live in Odessa, MO and have 10 acres. I have a little over 170 chickens mostly breeders but I have a layer flock and would love to add some more to them. All of my layers are happy and healthy. They have a huge coop (7x15x8 high) a nice run (20x 60) but will be free range most of the day. The only reason I have the run is for some protection if they need a place to run to and when the weather is really bad. Otherwise they will be ranging the 10 acres and eating all the bugs and grass they can find. I feed my flock puriena layer feed and scratch grain. I also gicve a nice assortment of greens, mealworms, and veggies. I would be willing to meet you half way or so. I dont have a lot of time or money for gas to drive very far. And I believe you are about an hour away from me. Just let me know if you think that my place would be the place for your hens. They will be well taken care of here.

frow.gif
Hello i am interested in your chickens i have four other barred rocks and a few chicks. I have a nice set up near oklahoma city. Please let me if you've found a home for them!
smile.png

Hi, my husband and I have a small hobby farm in Ashland, MO. We have several free range hens and would be interested in adding your 6 "chickenchildren" to our girls. My husband comes thru Marshall a couple times a week. Please consider our home for your girls. Thanks, Doreen

thumbsup.gif
Hi. I have two Rhode Island Red
1yr old hens & two Barred Rock 1 yr old hens. I am wanting to give them to a good loving home. They are good layers & very sweet. We are wanting to do some traveling so we are trying to find them a new home. I also have a small coop that I bought a year ago at Orschelns. I am willing to sale this for 100.00. If you are interested please contact me 573 635-2970. I live in Jefferson City MO. Thank you

Hello!
We have 3 rhode island reds, 4 isa browns & 1 barred rock. Looking to expand. Are these available still?

:thumbsup   Hi.  I have two Rhode Island Red 
1yr old hens & two Barred Rock 1 yr old hens.  I am wanting to give them to a good loving home.  They are good layers & very sweet.  We are wanting to do some traveling so we are trying to find them a new home.  I also have a small coop that I bought a year ago at Orschelns.  I am willing to sale this for 100.00.  If you are interested please contact me 573 635-2970.  I live in Jefferson City MO.  Thank you

Back
Top Bottom