6 Millie/Spangle OEGB Eggs

rittert3

Crowing
13 Years
May 1, 2009
Ks (Manhattan area)
These birds havn't started to lay for me yet but they are of age and I've only had them for 3 days. I just wanted to put it out there that I will have hatching eggs for sale for local pick up in Riley,Ks as soon as they start to lay. If I don't have a full 1/2 doz. you can take them for .25 an egg for what I have, I will not sell you eggs that are over 7 days old. I would also be willing to trade for other OE eggs strait across (after I get the thermostat in my bator fixed). Eggs will be out of Red Millie cock and Dark Millie hen or Spangled Hen. I can also meet in Manhattan I will also be at Auctions in Gardner and Claycenter this year. The parent stock will also be for sale at a later date if you are interested.

Last edited:
Thats fine I just wanted you to know, I've done some research on these birds and they're likely to throw alot of yardbird quailty chicks as their coloring is off. If you still want them, knowing that, I'll gladly look into shipping just let me know how many you want and I'll save them when they start. You might send me your zip to so I can give you a shipping est.

Last edited:
I don't want them to be old when they get to you and I only have the 2 hens. Do you just want me to send whatever they they over a 3 day period? It'll probably be between 2 and 5 eggs. I've been giving them cayanne with their scrach every other day so they should start in a few weeks. I'll go to the PO later and get a shipping est on a half doz.

Yes and do you know for sure they are both OEGB? Hard to tell from the pics. yes probably not more than 4 days old, since they could be in the mail up to 4 days. I would be careful on the cyanne pepper. Some people go crazy on that stuff. The get eggs but most don't develope. Plus you can give them ulcers. I am in no hurry, when ever they are ready. Thank you so much.

They should all be pure OE but may be het. for rumpless and/or naked neck (the breeder I bought them from trys to breed naked neck rumpless OEs). I'm going to try to sell these birds at the end of march, it's not a color I know much about breeding and I'm learning that their coloring is way off. I will be buying more OEs that are a little better quality (at the same time I sell them), if you arn't picky about color, and these don't start to lay before then. I'm also going to try to have more hens around so I'd beable to send you more eggs collected over fewer days. I can't ship adult birds otherwise you could have these cheap. If you still want eggs after I replace these, you can still have them at the same price per egg. I'm working on getting you a shipping est. and will have that for you by the end of the week.

I am going to Freemont, NB end of next month. Maybe we could meet in Topeka. Any chance you could take some more pictures. Some people are super picky if they are going to show them, sell the eggs etc. I have a some I am picky about but some of my silly, goofy looking chickens are just family pets and we love them because they are so different. I agree, these two are seriously breeded oddly but they are too cute to cull.

Here is a link to my photo bucket http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/rittert32005/. They are a little dark and through wire so the still arn't the best. If you really want these adults it will be $25 for the bunch I paid $15 which I'd like to make back and the other $10 would be to help with gas to get them to Topeka. Before you make up your mind, I will warn you that 2 had leg mites when I got them. I've got the mites killed but they are still really scaley, I will continue to treat them so it may or may not be cleared up by the time you get them other wise they are healthy birds. I will also request that you bring your own cage or I can make one for an extra $5. I'm wanting to sell the trio all at once.

I think they will make great companions for my hen. I have plenty of carriers and 25 sound great. Thank you and please hold them for me. I will shoot you a PM the week before we leave to let you know the date. I will want to pick them up on the way home from our trip. Thank you for agreeing to meet us in Topeka. A little vasaline should clear up any leg mites.

Here is a link to my photo bucket http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/rittert32005/. They are a little dark and through wire so the still arn't the best. If you really want these adults it will be $25 for the bunch I paid $15 which I'd like to make back and the other $10 would be to help with gas to get them to Topeka. Before you make up your mind, I will warn you that 2 had leg mites when I got them. I've got the mites killed but they are still really scaley, I will continue to treat them so it may or may not be cleared up by the time you get them other wise they are healthy birds. I will also request that you bring your own cage or I can make one for an extra $5. I'm wanting to sell the trio all at once.

Back
Top Bottom