6 mo. still no eggs!!!

I have one EE that waited until 40 weeks to lay. Relax! Yours should be starting any day now. The first egg will taste all the better for having to wait.

Good luck.

The girls will lay when their ready. Talk to them so they will no what to do & where to lay I swear they understand. I go into my coop & they let me know they need more water & feed. Bok bok & so on.

It is SOOO hard being patient!! I know exactly how you feel. Like others have said, try adding a light in your chicken coop. We put one in ours about two weeks ago and we went from one egg a day to 3-4 a day. Our girls are 24 weeks old and I think all but the RIRs are laying now. Don't worry, yours will start any minute. Hang in there!
hugs.gif

i put in lights, i changed the food (twice) gave them calcium did golf balls, wooden eggs, empty boxes, shavings, grass clippings, trying pet store hay tomorrow... every one is telling me OHHH they should be laying... well there not im ready to rent a dog and scare it out-a them!!!
th.gif
thanks for the moral support every one ill just have to sit, wait and talk to them
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Don't scare them they tend to stop laying when you do.LOL How about some soft elevator music in the coop? LOL Plants like music.

thanks for all the morral support!!! got our first egg last week and 2 others before sunday... sunday breakfast was delicious! here it is!!! kinda small but perfect!!!
IMAG0228.jpg

Awesome news! I too have 2 EE's and 1 Buff mix. All were born May 25th. None have laid yet. Wednesday will be 24 weeks. I just added a light on a timer. They are happy as can be. They are my girls. I can hardly wait until they lay some eggs.
wink.png

Well at least I'm not alone!!! I have 1 6 months old (RiR) and 2 21 weeks (EE & RIR)...I'll be patient!.....should we start a support group?! lol

One of my leghorns didn't start laying until almost a month after her sister. Then she died a few weeks later
tongue.png

Also, the eggs will get bigger as they continue to lay! mine started out tiny too. Now they're nice big eggs.

Back
Top Bottom