6 month old Light Brahma cockerel losing his crow

Chickerella2012

Songster
Jun 27, 2019
Tallahassee, FL
A few weeks ago, my 6 month old LB cock started sounding hoarse. When he crows, it becomes almost non existent. I've checked for any symptoms. Nothing. Have treated him with oral Enrofloxacin for 5 days. He has no discharge, eyes clear and clean. Poop looks clean as well on fecal slide. He is crowing a lot, but I doubt that he's losing his voice from that. His mouth and throat, as far as I can see, look clean too. It however smells weird. Not rotten, but weird. Could this be gapeworm? A respiratory disease with no other symptoms? This is the first time I've ever encountered something like this.
What else could I do?

A few weeks ago, my 6 month old LB cock started sounding hoarse. When he crows, it becomes almost non existent. I've checked for any symptoms. Nothing. Have treated him with oral Enrofloxacin for 5 days. He has no discharge, eyes clear and clean. Poop looks clean as well on fecal slide. He is crowing a lot, but I doubt that he's losing his voice from that. His mouth and throat, as far as I can see, look clean too. It however smells weird. Not rotten, but weird. Could this be gapeworm? A respiratory disease with no other symptoms? This is the first time I've ever encountered something like this.
What else could I do?
You’re lucky.
Kidding. It could be gapeworm.

You’re lucky.
Kidding. It could be gapeworm.
But gape worm usually brings a sound with it when breathing, no? He doesn't have any other symptoms. I will treat him with Safeguard equine paste. He weighs about 8 pounds or a little more. I cannot remember the dosage. Was it 0.23ml per lb? 1 time and retreat in 10 days? Or 5 days in a row?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom