6 month old turkey has went missing

Brittblay33

In the Brooder
Sep 17, 2022
Hi my name is Brittany or Britt as most people call me. I'm a newish owner of 8 chickens, and 1 gorgeous turkey! They are all free range but at night they go into the coop and then every morning they are let back out. I was gone all day, (which I've done many times before) and then came home and started repainting my mail box. While I was painting I heard my turkey off to the side of me making her "seal noises". Well it was getting dark and I seen that all birds have went inside the coop for the night so I walked over to lock it up and realized Turk (my turkey) is not in there. I yelled and yelled for her because usually she will come or she will talk back to me but nothing. I'm worried sick about her being out in the woods, or even worse getting caught by a coyote. I know there have been many wild turkeys around lately in the afternoon which also makes me wonder if she could have ran off with them. Please any help, or advice is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20220828_180621.jpg
    20220828_180621.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20220831_182350.jpg
    20220831_182350.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 3
He could be up a tree. You might want to go out with a flashlight and look up. One of my roos did this , the hens picked on him in the coop.

Highly unlikely for a 6 month old Broad Breasted White turkey hen to be able to get up in a tree.
He could be up a tree. You might want to go out with a flashlight and look up. One of my roos did this , the hens picked on him in the coop.
I don't think she would be in a tree. I don't believe she is anywhere close to my house because she always talks back when she hears her name.

She is home! I went and looked out my back door as soon as the sun started coming up. And she was sitting far out on my hill right outside the tree line!! Poor baby is soak and wet due to the rain, and full of sticker burrs though! I'm not sure on how to get then out.

She is home! I went and looked out my back door as soon as the sun started coming up. And she was sitting far out on my hill right outside the tree line!! Poor baby is soak and wet due to the rain, and full of sticker burrs though! I'm not sure on how to get then out.
That's awesome. Glad she was just hiding at dusk.

Back
Top Bottom