6 month old white leghorn

Sadie lee

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2020
I have a six month old white leghorn who isn't laying yet and a 5 and a half month old nhr who has just started to lay it my first time owning chickens I picked both of them up the other day to check them out for lice and stuff and I noticed the white leghorn has a little bit of yeast infection or something as there is a small amount of discharge around the vent , has anyone delt with this before and what should I do please

IMG_20201207_170526.jpg
IMG_20201207_170544.jpg
IMG_20201207_170530.jpg
IMG_20201207_170549.jpg

Good looking birds :)
Can you post a photo of the Leghorn's vent area? It might simply be urates excreted in feces which is normal, a photo would help.
I'd like to add that White Leghorns are normally early layers like your New Hampshire Red. She might be a late 'bloomer' so to speak, or is much younger than your Red. OR...has "she" attempted to crow? Just trying to cover all the possibilities here.

Hello I will post a picture soon when I get a chance, thankyou I haven't heard any crowing and the leghorn was definately born in July and the New Hampshire in August so the leghorn is a month older than the red and they where both moving and playing with the fake egg I put in there coop

Hello I will post a picture soon when I get a chance, thankyou I haven't heard any crowing and the leghorn was definately born in July and the New Hampshire in August so the leghorn is a month older than the red and they where both moving and playing with the fake egg I put in there coop
She also seems to be making a wierd crying sound under the house like a young child crying

It’s hard to tell from the pics but it looks ok to me. I have a leghorn hatched in July and she just started to lay this week, so yours might be laying very soon. Also your Pullet is 5 months old if I’m doing the math right for mine 😂

Back
Top Bottom