1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6 months???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by n2h20, Oct 13, 2008.

1. n2h20

n2h20 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Pasadena Ca
    so its been a few weeks over 6 months now,,, and my americauna and barahm have yet to give me an egg...
    i have a 5 month old RIR and a RIR mix and nothing,.,,, they have been checking out the nest area,, have their waddles red faces big round white poo,,, eating 50/50 layer starter as well as free rangin a few hours a day,,, i have checked all their little spots around the yard and nothing.. i even run out there when i hear a loud squack thinking one just pushed an egg out,.,,
    its been about 70-85 during the day and cooler at night,...

there is 2 little chicks (2 months) in the same coop. could they be affecting the older birds somehow?

i know patience is key,,, but this is killing me!!!!! cant wait to try an egg,,, egg sandwich, egg salald, egg soup, egg this egg that,,, give some away,,,,,

do i have to dance or sing to them?? do an egg laying dance for them?

2. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Please post a video of the "egg dance" should you decide to give that a shot........

3. n2h20

May 7, 2008
    Pasadena Ca
    haha u ask you shall receive,,,,,, if i dont get an egg in a few days,,,,

4. ScottK

ScottK Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2008
    Redmond, WA
    Quiche and egg souffle and omelettes and fried eggs too. That's what we've done with our first eggs so far. Only 4 of 13 laying at 28+ weeks now and most eggs are peewee or small or medium in size so far. Got one jumbo and one large.

Hurry up and wait - or go buy some eggs and practice recipes while you wait.

5. n2h20

May 7, 2008
    Pasadena Ca
    hurry up and wait... so true,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by