6 Mottled Houdan Eggs "Standard" pics now posted

Quote:
Don't give up you'll get their crests back in shape just give it some time and thought as to who would be most likely to give you the result you are looking for out of you flock
smile.png
I can't wait till you get bantam sized that would be super hard to resist!

Quote:
Yes they are really nice birds. I had not considered them really. Tell me what is a here is your sign moment? I've never heard this.

Their is a comedian Bill Engivall(sp) and he has a stand up act and their was a country song made around it in the 90's. Where they talk about people doing really stupid things and he says "here's your sign" In the music video it had him running around giving people signs that said "I'm stupid" on it. Basically, I was saying I did something really stupid by putting guineas in with them.

Wow, I do like the type and size of those hens! The shorter legs and thick rectangular body is what I remember them looking like years ago. Where did your stock come from if I may ask?

I got my start of these from eggs I got of off eggbid a couple of years ago. I can not remember who they was. I order some many eggs sometimes I forget breeders name. Thanks so much for compliment. They are really one of my favorite breeds. I like polish, but every now and then you get a mean rooster with the polish. I have never had trouble with Houdan roosters. They have great temperment to. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Thanks !

I think they lay very well. I know right now I am getting eggs like crazy. They lay a large size white egg. Similar to to a standard polish egg if you ever seen one of those.
As for the cold, I think they do very good. Where I live it got down to single digits over the winter and I don't have any heated coops or nothing and they did fine. I just have a dog house in their coop and they do fine with it.
If you have any more questions please let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom