6 new ducklings, pekin is sitting

jbohmann

In the Brooder
May 8, 2020
Hello, We just got 2 pekins, 2 blue Swedish, 2 buff from Metzer on Wednesday.
All seem good, eating and drinking and running around. I think the brooder setup is good they sometimes are under light, away from it, etc....
I have one of the pekins that sits a lot. Her name is marshmallow.
I am feeding them non medicated starter and putting in 1.5 tablespoon brewers yeast per cup of food.
I read the Niacin Deficiency post, and other posts on here before posting and wanted to double check.
We just noticed yesterday she is sitting more. The legs look good to me (however I am new so posted some pictures)
So yesterday we made a mini water dish and food with extra brewers yeast and fed her twice alone. Same this morning so far. She will stand and eat from the dish and then slowly sit back on her butt. She does this in the brooder with the food and water always available. Just been taking her out for some special feedings.
She moves around to and from food and water, but then sits. I wanted to be sure she is getting her share of brewers yeast.
Is this enough or do I go get B Complex for her?
Thank you!

Attachments

• M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 1
  • M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 0
  • M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 0
  • M4.jpg
    M4.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 0
When my pekin was a baby he sat down lots. I was giving him brewers yeast and he still sat. He is all good now. It definitely wouldn’t hurt to add the b vitamin complex.

:thumbsup Amazing how well this stuff works. Keep them on it for at least a full week and they are walking and standing real sturdy then you can go to Nutritional yeast or Brewers yeast until 10 weeks old. 1-2 Tabs per cup of feed. keep the B complex in the frig to keep it fresh. With Pekins it maybe a life long treatment to keep those legs strong.

Back
Top Bottom