6 of 7 Have Hatched!!!!!

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
I have been in and out of the room where the hatcher is to check on the temp and humidity (since its been a little bit of a challenge to get correct). Anyway, I went in to see how the temp was holding and see if the window had beeded up with water again and saw a pip!!! OH MY GOODNESS I'm so excited!!! Its one of the ones I set from my hens. I have two of those and 5 from a friend in there. Today is only day 19. Do I need to worry about it being early?

I do hope they hatch ok. All were moving and healthy yesterday when I moved them to the hatcher. How exciting!!!

Last edited:
nope, dont worry !!!! It could still be another day or 2 before the zip and hatch!!!! What were your temps day 1-18 ????

COME ON CHICKYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck
fl.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I have incubated them in the Genesis 1588 preset up till yesterday. The hatcher is running a little low on temps. Around 96. I've been having a hard time getting it up to 99, but I'd rather it be just a little low than too high too.

Thanks!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Good luck and happy hatching. It'll dive you crazy watching that egg to see it do something. They love to pip and make you wait and wait and wait.

the reason I asked was if the temps day 1-18 were on the higer side that could of caused them to pip early.... Hope they dont take to long and drive you crazy !!!!!

Its already driving me crazy and I could still be waiting a really long time!!!!
barnie.gif
How will I manage????

Another one has pipped!!! That only leaves 2 to pip. I'm so excited and nervous. I heard some peeping in there too.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom