6 week Black Australorps- Big Foot and Little Foot

Wow! I see what you mean! There are distinct differences in them. You may be on to something, though I still wouldn't call big foot a Cockrel for sure.

Wow! I see what you mean! There are distinct differences in them. You may be on to something, though I still wouldn't call big foot a Cockrel for sure.

Maybe big foot is a very, very good eater. Maybe cockerel, that's the most I will give in to at this age.

Thank you both for looking! After seeing each chick several times daily between 2 days to 7 weeks, it was impressive to see the difference in size and feathers after being gone for a full week. Happily, for now, they still both have small light combs... maybe we just wound up with what will be a very big girl. I'll continue with updated pics every week or two.

8 week old Big Foot- light comb

8 week old Little Foot- light comb

I guess you will know when they either lay eggs.. or crow, lol. Keep an eye on the neck and saddle feathers, which in roosters, get long and drape down beside the tail. In cockerels the neck feathers are pointy, and in the pullets, rounded at the bottoms.

I say they are all pullets.

I guess you will know when they either lay eggs.. or crow, lol. Keep an eye on the neck and saddle feathers, which in roosters, get long and drape down beside the tail. In cockerels the neck feathers are pointy, and in the pullets, rounded at the bottoms.

Starting late at the jump in, I've had Australorps - definitely pullet but BIG GIRL! They are beautiful, thanks for sharing :)

i think they are both pullets

Back
Top Bottom