6 week chick can barely walk

What is your location? What has the weather been like? Hot? Beastly weather can cause this.

In chicks, sudden paralysis can also mean Marek's, though six weeks is a tad early for symptoms. A vitamin B deficiency, however, is not an uncommon cause of paralysis and leg weakness. Try the B-vitamins as @RoyalChick suggested. Make it easy on yourself and get B-complex and pop a tablet directly into the beak once a day for the next couple weeks.
Thanks for responding @azygous - have a look at the video, it doesn't look like paralysis to me. It looks more like general weakness and panting (though that could of course be heat).

Attachments

• B246869B-074F-42FF-8443-B413E30A308F.jpeg
    B246869B-074F-42FF-8443-B413E30A308F.jpeg
    511.4 KB · Views: 6
In the last couple of pictures standing the legs look like the chicken has a leg bone deformity called varus deformity, which can cause one or both legs to bow outward. The opposite deformity is valgus which can cause the legs to appear knock kneed. Neither of those is curable unfortunately, but the chickens may be able to lead a fairly normal life as long as they can get to food and water. I would still use the B complex vitamins. Here is a good article on those leg deformities with pictures:
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...roiler-Chickens.pdf?origin=publication_detail

In the last couple of pictures standing the legs look like the chicken has a leg bone deformity called varus deformity, which can cause one or both legs to bow outward. The opposite deformity is valgus which can cause the legs to appear knock kneed. Neither of those is curable unfortunately, but the chickens may be able to lead a fairly normal life as long as they can get to food and water. I would still use the B complex vitamins. Here is a good article on those leg deformities with pictures:
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...roiler-Chickens.pdf?origin=publication_detail
Agreed.
Varus deviation of leg deformity.
Agree also, I'd give B-Complex to help with support.
1687838248402.png

1687838220270.png

Back
Top Bottom