*6 week old BLRW* is a he or she--with a scissor beak!

chickerdoodle

Songster
10 Years
Aug 21, 2009
Oregon
I have worried a bit about Hyacinth, my BLRW with a scissor beak that we first noticed at 4 weeks of age. The cross beak is worse and I am posting a picture from yesterday. She still eats and drinks really well and acts fine. However, I also noticed wattles developing--is that normal at 6 weeks for a Wyandotte?!? We have all different breeds so hard to compare. Is Hyacinth a roo or pullet?? Can you tell yet?

Hyacinth's new scissor beak picture:

39619_hyacinth_cross_beak_worse--in_new_coop.jpg

Hyacinth's wattles developing (Barred Rock is Beatrice--I believe she is a she and is also 6 weeks old--Agnes, the EE is in there too
smile.png
)

39619_day_1_in_coop--hyacinths_wattles.jpg

Another picture to help determine sex of Hyacinth --sorry about pics--she's the standoffish chick and the others are VERY friendly and block the picture all the time!!:
39619_day_1_beatrice_grooming_in_coop.jpg

I notice her tail feathers are not poofed out as well as the others and they have been that way since she has them. Is it because she can't (or doesn't) preen the ends? Is that due to her beak problem? The rest of her feathers are fine.

Thank you for your knowledge and support!

Quote:
Yes, I am aware which is why I worry if she were a roo. We will have a convent (no males allowed)
wink.png

Hyacinth seems to be blossoming a bit more now in the coop. They had their first worms today and she finally got a few. Perhaps eating a few worms made her bolder!

Back
Top Bottom