6 week old EEs, again.

QuebecChick

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 13, 2014
Well, we were pretty unlucky our first time around as our twi chicks sold as pullets started crowing last week.

You guys were right when you sexed our brightly combed bird as a roo.

This time I am asking about three new chicks. 2 Have pea yellow combs and one has something that looks separated in two, pinkish.

Chick 1: small comb in one line, yellow in color. Feathers partridge like colouring.
Chick 2: bigger comb, very well defined pea row. Looks like a single row for now. This one is very curious.
Chick 3: Weird bomb decided in tho lines. Looks red on the picture but barely pink. Most skid dish of the bunch. Feathers blue and dark grey.

Chick 1 on the left and chick 2 on the right

Chick 1

Chick 1 (have a bare eye after eye infection treatment)

Chick 2

Chick 2

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 3

Chick 3

Chick 3 is slow to feather. Chick 2 has the biggest comb but still yellow. Ill post other pics this weekend. Maybe it will be clearer then!

[/IMG]

They are coming out of the coop! Its the first time today! Im so excited! I should have good 8 week old pics this weekend :)

I had to share my joy. Thanks for reading ;)

They are 8 weeks now.

Pic 1: This one is getting color on his shoulder. Is this the dreaded rooster red on the shoulders? :(

Pic 2: This is chick 1: Quickest chick to feather

Pic 3: Chick 3This is the same guy that has the colouring on his shoulders. His comb is in one line, and a little pink.

Pic 4: Chick 3 This is the little blue guy. Red red comb, separated in two. Smaller chick, slow to feather as you can see.

Last edited:
Body pictures of all 3

From left to right : Chick 2, Chick 3, Chick 1 (the pic is from earlier this week and doesn't show the new reddish colour on chick 2's shoulder.)

Chick 2 (just a little reddish on his lower shoulder)

If any other pictures needed to help. let me know! Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom