6 week old Marans - Cuckoo or Black?

kathrync

Songster
10 Years
Apr 25, 2013
I have two 6 week old cuckoo Marans (supposedly). Both of them are completely black, except for some white on their wing tips. I don’t have pictures at the moment because they range during the day and are hard to get close to.

I thought cuckoo Marans were supposed to have barring? Now I’m thinking the hatchery made a mixup or uses the wrong names for their breeds and sent me black copper Marans. But I’ve never owned cuckoo Marans before… so what should I look for?

I have two 6 week old cuckoo Marans (supposedly). Both of them are completely black, except for some white on their wing tips. I don’t have pictures at the moment because they range during the day and are hard to get close to.

I thought cuckoo Marans were supposed to have barring? Now I’m thinking the hatchery made a mixup or uses the wrong names for their breeds and sent me black copper Marans. But I’ve never owned cuckoo Marans before… so what should I look for?
Here’s my cuckoo maran. They are barred with pink skin. Post a picture of your so we can take a guess at what they sent you.

Attachments

• E873B9FF-3F2A-4EA0-A292-D368BA17FB31.jpeg
    E873B9FF-3F2A-4EA0-A292-D368BA17FB31.jpeg
    437.3 KB · Views: 31

Back
Top Bottom