6 week old rooster panting

ChickenMasta1105

Chirping
Dec 9, 2020
I came outside today to find my 6 week old rooster panting, his mouth came up and down, and I brought him inside. It is cold outside, about 10-15 degrees, but barable, not freezing temperature. I gave him 2 drops of ventolin (salbutamol) in some water, and wrapped him in a warm cotton cloth. He seems much healthier now, he is not panting, and came out of the cloth himself, looking around, nit even closing his eyes. He is standing in one spot still, but not panting or closing his eyes. Also, sometimes, he jumped flapped his wings and jerked his head crazily, and stood still again. Now he does not do that, after I gave him the medicine. He is also looking around curiously. Please help me, I love my chickens. God bless you whoever helps. Also, in the morning, I had given them some corn, and he was fighting around like he always does. But later I found him still, and panting. This was before the medication of course. He is also sneezing occassionally. His poop is very normal. Also tell me the medication dosage, as in how often I should give he medications. He also came out of the cloth. Please also tell me if I should give him some food or water. God bless you whoever helps.
20201227_140149.jpg

Last edited:
I came outside today to find my 6 week old rooster panting, his mouth came up and down, and I brought him inside. It is cold outside, about 10-15 degrees, but barable, not freezing temperature. I gave him 2 drops of ventolin (salbutamol) in some water, and wrapped him in a warm cotton cloth. He seems much healthier now, he is not panting, and came out of the cloth himself, looking around, nit even closing his eyes. He is standing in one spot still, but not panting or closing his eyes. Also, sometimes, he jumped flapped his wings and jerked his head crazily, and stood still again. Now he does not do that, after I gave him the medicine. He is also looking around curiously. Please help me, I love my chickens. God bless you whoever helps. Also, in the morning, I had given them some corn, and he was fighting around like he always does. But later I found him still, and panting. This was before the medication of course. He is also sneezing occassionally. God bless you whoever helps.View attachment 2464871
Update: he is also not shivering anymore

I came outside today to find my 6 week old rooster panting, his mouth came up and down, and I brought him inside. It is cold outside, about 10-15 degrees, but barable, not freezing temperature. I gave him 2 drops of ventolin (salbutamol) in some water, and wrapped him in a warm cotton cloth. He seems much healthier now, he is not panting, and came out of the cloth himself, looking around, nit even closing his eyes. He is standing in one spot still, but not panting or closing his eyes. Also, sometimes, he jumped flapped his wings and jerked his head crazily, and stood still again. Now he does not do that, after I gave him the medicine. He is also looking around curiously. Please help me, I love my chickens. God bless you whoever helps. Also, in the morning, I had given them some corn, and he was fighting around like he always does. But later I found him still, and panting. This was before the medication of course. He is also sneezing occassionally. His poop is very normal. Also tell me the medication dosage, as in how often I should give he medications. He also came out of the cloth. Please also tell me if I should give him some food or water. God bless you whoever helps.View attachment 2464871
Update: he is not shaking, but gasping again, and is now walking and looking around. Looks healthier than before

Make sure that he is warm enough and taking some water. Try some watery chick feed as well. Hopefully, he is not showing signs of a respiratory disease. How are his poops?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom