6 weeks old breed & sex?

goldeneggtees

Fluffy Butt Nut
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Long Island, NY
Hi, I love that you all know how to tell/sex chicks by photos and seem to be usually right. Any chance you can help me in identifying these babies? They are 6 weeks old, hatched by our broody. She abandoned them at 4 weeks and they have been foraging on their own for 2 weeks now but seem happy and healthy so far!
smile.png

PhotoLibrary-3060.jpg

PhotoLibrary-3061.jpg

PhotoLibrary-3070.jpg

PhotoLibrary-3063.jpg

PhotoLibrary-3059.jpg

PhotoLibrary-3064.jpg

Sorry - some of these may be of the same bird.

THANKS!

Not sure about the white one although she is very pretty!

The reddish one looks like a hatchery RIR or RIR mix.

The white one with black markings appears to be an EE (based on her green leg/foot that I can just barely make out in the bottom right corner).

Im guessing all EE, looks like pea combs on 1st 2. I'm not great at sexing but... reddish is girly color with boyish comb- so boy, other 2 pullets.

Thanks, I was thinking the brown one might be a boy, he walks around with his head held very high, is that an indication of male?

Then there are three others, 2 white ones, one has wispy feathers and the other white one does not. I think the black & white mix is an EE female, she has green legs. But any idea about the two white ones?

In pic order, number 1, 2, & 4 are of the same white one (with the wispy feathers) the last one is of the other white chick. Any additional help would be great!

Thanks, I think I'll take some more pics and see what you guys think again. I want to get rid of any roos before they start to crow as we are going away for the first two weeks in August. I'd rather not have them crowing while we are not around. We aren't allowed roos and if the town comes while we are away - who knows what will happen. A neighbor will be coming in the a.m. and p.m. to let everyone out, clean, water and feed everyone. Anyway…

Back
Top Bottom