60% to high?

That is too high for incubation. 40-45% is more like it. The egg has to lose about 12-14% of it's water weight by day 21 and with humidity that high, it can't. The chicks will be waterlogged and drown.

do you sell any of your eggs to hatch?
Thank You,
Cat
wink.png

I was wondering the same thing,...okay i got my hum. set but my question is now can i put eggs in each day if i get about 12 a day? Or wait and put them in all at the same time?

Thank you
Austin

Quote:
I put egg in every few days if I need to, staggered hatches, and have different hatch dates but I am very careful while doing it. I have never had a problem with the higher humidity at the end hurting the other eggs, maybe I am just lucky. Now I do get the babies out of the bator as quickly as I can as to keep them from bumping the other eggs around.

I put egg in every few days if I need to, staggered hatches, and have different hatch dates but I am very careful while doing it. I have never had a problem with the higher humidity at the end hurting the other eggs, maybe I am just lucky. Now I do get the babies out of the bator as quickly as I can as to keep them from bumping the other eggs around.

I have a egg turner so would i just take a rack out and place the eggs that were on that rack on the platform of the bator?​

Back
Top Bottom