6mo Roo DJ Domino just died.

ChickaBangBang

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 8, 2012
Troy, Michigan
My 6MO roo named DJ Domino died right next to me just now :( I'm so freaking sad. I let them out this morning and he ran up to me and followed me to get their feed like they all normally do and I put it down and he started to mount one of his girlfriends and was acting just fine eating and I turned around to dump the rest of the food out in another pile for my americana's and he flopped over on his side right next to me and then on his back and started sqwaking and one of my older girls Fluffy Butt jumped on him (they don't like each other much) and I thought they were fighting and he had gotten knocked over and I shooed her off but he was still convulsing and then he just looked at me and just laid his head to the side and died. I couldn't bare to do an autopsy on him so I just dug a hole in front of their coop since the ground is really soft there and berried him. The ducks and his girlfriends all were quacking and clucking and moving him around trying to wake him up and it was all so sad. I really think they knew and was trying to help him. I haven't changed anything and it's been cooling off so it wasn't the heat and we just got new feed last weekend and it's the same stuff they've always eaten along with free ranging in my back acre. He was part of 15 (including the 2 ducks) of my teenagers and he had just started crowing and showing he was a big boy this last month so they are all really attached to him. He also had a buddy Red who just started crowing like crazy over him and I was waiting to see when he was going to mature. Maybe he'll take over for Domino. I only have 26 left now and I'm already missing him. He was my favorite and use to be really cuddly when he was a baby and even after getting a little attitude later he was very docile when I'd ketch him. I can't believe this just happened in front of me. I'm glad my kid was still asleep inside and not out with me feeding them like he normally does. :(

Back
Top Bottom