6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

The first chick out is from the breeding I'm *really* looking forward to. SHE is already off to a great start!

Welcome, 6L, to both 2015 and the world.
smile.png
Hatch time, 12:18 a.m.

♡♡♡

MrsB
Nice!

Australorp?

Sexlink chicks will be solid black for girls and black with a white spot on the head for boys. It sounds like you have a Blue genetics chick. You can use splash cockerels for the rooster in making sexlinks--BBS genetics makes sex links as well as black and solid red. You would need to use barred hens.

I bred sexlink olive eggers last season. The cock was a blue Arkansas blue and the hens were Crele penedesencas.
ok honestly these perticular eggs even the lady didnt know who laided what or who might have fertilized.. here are some choices.. she suposed this perticular chick was off a barred rock hen.. so maybe and her boys are amercana and a black jersey giant two peeps helped me with the eggs both have mixed flock atm and both of their hens were just coming out of a molt and starting to lay again....two of the other eggs (from my first egg donor) one has hatched one just pipped..one more unknown status...the one just pipped she thought maybe a black star laid it..so daddys amercan or black jersery giant again... my other donor eggs were four eggs two of them were unfertile and never developed...possible daddyOrpington, black jersy giant, brahma, and the hens brahma, orpington,(most likely thought to have been donors)

Back
Top Bottom