6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

The hen has to be barred and the rooster hast to be solid. Barring is sexlinked so the boys will be barred and will have a white spot on the head. Girls will not be barred and will not have a spot on the head.

Cool stuff!
ok so solid would not be a splash? I think the lil chick is a blue splash...but I am kinda confuzzled about splash coloration

Congratulations on all the peeps!!
jumpy.gif
and Happy New Year!!

Unfortunately my shipped Seramas are not doing too well... they will generally pip on day 19 (yesterday) and I candled last night and today and I don't think they are still alive. I may be in the running for worst hatch rate... booo! I think I am coming out of denial and into acceptance. These guys developed so well and I was so hopeful... oh well... I am remembering now that I told myself not to experiment with Serama eggs anymore till I have eggs from my own hens. I have two more eggs due tomorrow from my own hen but the air cells are really small. I have another round of shipped and my own seramas due in the next week and the next so I surely will get some more chicks soon.

I am happy to see all the fluffy fuzz butts and will remember to hatch something I can for sure hatch for the next HAL!

Happy New Year! I was checking the eggs one last time in the coop. The mamas are not too happy with me so I think I will leave'em alone until morning. I can hear a lot of peeping and still just two eggs with pips. I'll be back on here in the morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2015!

Congrats to all on the new chicks, and hope everyone has fantastic new year. Going to bed, good night peeps!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom