6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

I had gave up on the marans hatching ... went in there around 3:30 pm today one had hatched 1 pipped 2 still holding out. So so fat 9 live chicks 3 in waiting I sat 12 eggs
Marans can take a long time!

What day are you on?

Took this a little bit earlier today when there were 18 in the brooder. There are like 21 now. a couple others in the bator drying off, one that has pipped and the beak is showing and two I'm not quite ready to give up on since there is still very visible veining, but i have a feeling they may have died today and it's just a matter of time for that to show. I had 5 that I pulled showing no signs of life. one tried to pip and missed the air sac and drowned, yolk nearly fully absorbed. 2 appear to have died just after lockdown and 2 died in the last day or so.

Took this a little bit earlier today when there were 18 in the brooder. There are like 21 now. a couple others in the bator drying off, one that has pipped and the beak is showing and two I'm not quite ready to give up on since there is still very visible veining, but i have a feeling they may have died today and it's just a matter of time for that to show. I had 5 that I pulled showing no signs of life. one tried to pip and missed the air sac and drowned, yolk nearly fully absorbed. 2 appear to have died just after lockdown and 2 died in the last day or so.

You have a nice bunch of chicks there!

This cannot be it! I wanted silkies! I will wait till Sunday but I don't have much hope.
1f622.png

Great photo!! What's the green stuff?

So...where do we post the picture showing how many chicks our broody(s) hatched? Here or somewhere else? Oh and what is the deadline for the pictures? I was about to go out to take pics when the rain picked up. Ugh!
Post them here and let me know how many hatched.

Remember to send me a PM for the best hatch participant--can't be me.

Back
Top Bottom