6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

My eggs are still uncandled... ugh!

My flashlight has gone missing...NObody in the house will admit to taking it, and my cell phone was dead, and I was out of time this morning, so all I could do was smell them and make sure nothing was going to explode. Tonight I go home to shake out my flashlight thief!

My flashlight has gone missing...NObody in the house will admit to taking it, and my cell phone was dead, and I was out of time this morning, so all I could do was smell them and make sure nothing was going to explode. Tonight I go home to shake out my flashlight thief!
barnie.gif
Why does that always happen!

@Michaelelf   Now that I think of it, michael, I do have OCD.  .    Chickens and gardening 

Bama,   I wonder what this big boy would do.?

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Bright-Lumens-Flashlight-Torch/dp/B005VLZPVW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1419010905&sr=8-5&keywords=ozark+trail+flashlight
im really not sure...as @ronnott1 stated: "the color of the light is more important than total lumens". I have a really big maglight that is super bright. But the color of the light wont candle olive or blue eggs.

im really not sure...as @ronnott1 stated: "the color of the light is more important than total lumens". I have a really big maglight that is super bright. But the color of the light wont candle olive or blue eggs.
Yes! The color is very important.

Has any1 ever soaked an egg in vinegar??? The shell completly dissolves....Im thinking of doing eggtopsies with vinegar

I watched a video once on how to pickle quail eggs and that's pretty much how she removed the shells after boiling the eggs. But she used a vinegar/walter solution and I believe did the same thing with the boiling solution. I don't know where the video is but I'm sure if you did a youtube search on "how to pickle quail eggs" you'd find it.

My daughter was at Wal Mart and so I told her to look for that flashlight and it is apparently the one Ozark that they don't have.
barnie.gif

But on a funny note, my 3 yo grandson was playing his his cars and was doing the voice over for their conversation. It went like this:

Two cars, one on top of the other.

Bottom Car: Will you let go of me?
Top Car: No
Bottom Car: Will you please me go?
Top Car: No
Bottom Car: Do you love me?
Top Car: Yeah
Bottome Car: Then let me go.

That is toooo funny

Sounds like you live at my house nobody sees or touches anything, but you can't find anything that you put in the same place every time.

NOT GOOD!
Most of the eggs seem to have gone to mush inside, can't see the veins anymore. I think it is because humidity was too high for when I was hatching the other eggs. :( Not sure I will get any HAL eggs to hatch. I messed up guys. :( With non-toxic marker I put sad faces on all the eggs that don't look good.

Back
Top Bottom