7 Biddies' Street

LOL Crazy Roo! I'm around, I've just been super busy. Spring time is like a mad rush around here, plus other crap is piling on. I have to figure out where the carpenter ants I'm finding onsey-twosies of in the house are coming from. Two nights ago my cats caught a flying squirrel IN THE HOUSE!!! Today, another... which means the little buggers got in somewhere and are making a home. Great. Just great.

That makes sense and oh no i hope you can get them out!

Wow. Not sure how to respond, because I really don't have much to add, but that is a fantastic post.
You're welcome. I thought you might enjoy. He struggled hardest because he was raised Mormon. I think that was the hardest for him. My dad is agnostic and my mom is Catholic, so it's a wierd mix here, but we reassured him many times that it didn't matter to us as personal business is personal and we loved him no matter what.
I hope your family comes to support you. All the women in my family are tomboys, I suppose. My great grandma headed a 10 square mile homestead with only two ranch hands: a man nicknamed blacky and a tough cowpuncher named Glenda. My dad spent summers helping, but due to the hardships of living off the badlands, male and female roles were blurred in my family. I'm a 6th generation product of this. Many times, I get very lost during these arguments of inequality among the sexes. I watched my great grandma run that ranch until she no longer could. Now, my dad is restoring it.
The stories about Glenda... She's rather smallish. I suppose you might even say waifish. She got into a lot of bar fights, however, and there was one notorious incident where, because of her small chest and her mannish dress, she was mistaken for a man and was told to "get off my stool" in a rather rude way. She stood up, flashed the man, saying, "you about to get beat by a girl," then proceeded to brawl with him. His initial shock allowed her some good hits. That was just how she always rolled, lol. So yeah, my family is unusual, I guess...

Hey, we're trying to make an Other Poultry calendar happen again this year so if you're interested, please post in the thread below to like confirm/prove your interest.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/other-poultry-calendar-for-2018-anyone.1161866/

The below was quoted from that thread. We're really in danger of not getting one this year. Also, even if you can't or don't want to buy one can you please think good thoughts/vibes/pray etc it happens!!

Thanks

I'm posting the below one more time on a variety of threads. We're in danger of not getting a 2018 "other poulty" calendar. Please share, send PMs (conversations) to your buds, etc. Thanks!

Sorry, brief interruption to your regularly scheduled banter...

Please go to this thread and post if you're interested in a 2018 "Other Poultry" calendar.
Thanks! Please share with others!!

There are about 20 members who have confirmed. We need at least 50 to make the effort worthwhile. Last chance...please respond by June 10th.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/other-poultry-calendar-for-2018-anyone.1161866/

Back
Top Bottom