7 Laying hens, Colorado Springs. Free to good home.

Guvnah

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2015
Colorado Springs
I posted this in the re-homing forum, but I figure it won't hurt to put it here too.

I have 7 hens:

Two Production Red (brown eggs)
Two Rhode Island White (brown)
Three Ameracauna (blue).

These were hatched in March 2014.

I get 5-6 eggs per day in warm weather, and 3-4 in winter.

Colorado Springs, CO

These are great hens!

Long story, but it's a neighbor issue. Once he moves, I'll get new hens.

I should add ... Chickens will come with an unopened 50lb bag of scratch grain, 30 lbs of mixed seed that I give as a daily treat, and whatever crumble feed I have left.

Please PM if interested.

I'll be posting this in all the places I listed the availability of my hens:

When you have to put down a family dog, and when the kids ask where Spot went, sometimes people soften the blow by saying Spot went to a very special farm where he can chase bunnies all day long...

I am pleased to say that my hens most certainly DID go to a very special farm. A real one, with great acreage and other chickens and a loving family... They went to a co-worker's farm, so in a small sense they are still in the family. I'm pleased with the way it worked out. I'll miss them, for sure, but I know they'll be OK in their new digs.

I posted this in the re-homing forum, but I figure it won't hurt to put it here too.

I have 7 hens:

Two Production Red (brown eggs)
Two Rhode Island White (brown)
Three Ameracauna (blue).

These were hatched in March 2014.

I get 5-6 eggs per day in warm weather, and 3-4 in winter.

Colorado Springs, CO

These are great hens!

Long story, but it's a neighbor issue. Once he moves, I'll get new hens.

I should add ... Chickens will come with an unopened 50lb bag of scratch grain, 30 lbs of mixed seed that I give as a daily treat, and whatever crumble feed I have left.

Please PM if interested.

Back
Top Bottom