7 Production RIR for sale

dave27889

Songster
12 Years
Apr 27, 2007
Washington, NC
Hi,
This is Dave in Washington, NC. I have broken the screws in my spinal fusion and blown out 2 more disc in my lower back. I am now not able to take care of my hens and need to sale them asap. They are 7 months old and are laying large brown eggs. I am asking $15.00 each or $90.00 for all seven hens. The hens are in great shape and are in a large pen in my backyard. I really need to move these birds so if you are interested please call me at 252-946-7349 or email me at [email protected]. I can get you pictures of the hens and eggs if you want them. I just decided to do this tonight. It is just to much to handle and I don't want my birds to be neglected. I hate doing this because it was fun and gave me somthing to do. Thanks a lot and keep me in your prayers. I will still be at this site. I really enjoy it and who knows maybe after my operation I will be able to have birds in a year or so. Thanks, David in eastern NC.
BTW, This would have to be a pick up or meet somwhere as I would not ship these birds.

Last edited:
actually 15 may seem steep, but where im from, im seeing rode island reds and production reds going for 20 a peice ALL the time! and being sold like crazy, so really its not a bad price!

If you feed them correctly and take care of them how much do you think you have in them? 10 bucks? I don't think so, I think 15 for well taken care of birds is okay. If they are in great shape. I have paid 25 for a certain chicken I wanted. So it is what the buyer is willing to pay..

Wish you were closesr because I would purchase all of them! I just lost my RIR roo and hens and they are the best layers. $15 for healthy laying birds is very fair IMHO. Best of luck with your back problems - hopefully you will be able to return to your chicken hobby in the future.

This is dave27889. I did not get a lot of replies form this site but I got lots from other sites and then from here as well. I only had my hens for sale for 2 hours when i got full asking price from a guy here in Washington, NC and I have had about 20 calls and messages for them. Freshegg I don't know what laying RIR's go for from where you are but I have seen them go for $25.00 to $35.00 here in my area. These ladies were in great shape and laying Large and extra large eggs when I sold them. The day I sold the hens they laid two jumbo eggs and the rest were large. The guy that bought them was great and offered to give me 12 chicks for free next spring if I was up to it. I not only sold my birds but made a new friend in the process. For the others oh you who stood up for my price thanks. I have received several emails form folks here and from chickenlinks wishing me luck and better health. I would like to say thanks to all of you and God Bless you all even freshegg. Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave!
Glad you were able to sell them so quickly. Still wish you were closer - they would be in my coop! Best of luck with your back. Hope you heal quickly and can get back in the swing of things next Spring. If you want some eggs to start back up - give a holler next Spring. I will be glad to send them through - no charge. Don't know what I will have then - but you are welcome to them. I can't imagine having to sell my birds - and I sympathize with you.
Now get some rest and get better!

That is really nice. I hope to take you up on that. I know that I will be in a full body cast for 4 months and in a hospital bed for 5 months and then rehab for about 2 months. I know with Gods help and the love of my family and friends things will go well. Thanks, Dave

fresh egg have you still not learned nothing in life is free? Sorry but I got pretty mad reading what you said after this man has to sell his birds from his health situation. Sorry to everyone but to many people want to make comments like this. If you dont like the prices...have no intentions on buying the birds then keep your mouth shut!

15 is a good price in my opinion. sounds like the person likes his birds and to part with them to have to part with them is worth more than money in my eyes. and yes after feed and good care u most likely have more than that in them. Dave you are in our prayers may god bless u and help u be well. :aww

Back
Top Bottom