7 week Australorp - pullet or cockerel?

nikniks

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 2, 2013
Hello! Im a second time chicken momma and convinced that one of the the Australorps is a cockerel! Can some of you experts confirm? The chicks are about 7 weeks old and Dare2Dream will take him back if a roo, but should I get an exchange? Will a new 7-8 week pullet be accepted by the other three?

First to confirm my suspicions!

The first three are of Ellie (suspect this is really an Eric)
Next up is Io and Obie, with Io in the back.
Then is Obie on her own and lastly its Callie.

Ellie always dashes ahead when I approach, pecks at my camera, wants to peck my fingers and generally stands tall, Ellie also had almost no tail, just three stringy feathers when she/he first started off. It took 5 weeks before i even saw tail feathers. She also trashes her legs about like crazy when I pick her up to take her outside. (her/him)

so??? I have a roo?

Attachments

• Ellie.jpg
    Ellie.jpg
    665.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Ellie2.jpg
    Ellie2.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Ellie3.jpg
    Ellie3.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Io and Obie.jpg
    Io and Obie.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Obie.jpg
    Obie.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Callie.jpg
    Callie.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 55
thank you all! yeap, ill call D2D Monday and take him back. Do you think a new pullet now would assimilate or I should just leave it at 3 and be done ..

thank you all! yeap, ill call D2D Monday and take him back. Do you think a new pullet now would assimilate or I should just leave it at 3 and be done ..
I think if you can get one the same age then it will be fine. I wouldnt get a new baby. They need heat that these ones dont and if they dont kill.it they may squish it to death when they huddle to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom