7 week old Ameraucana's......Pullets???? Blue & splash? Pic heavy!

Wow! Theyre beautiful! Im pretty sure theyre both birls, considering theyre combs are so small, and a rooster would take control of the flock, have they been agresive? Yea, i think you have 2 Americana girls! Have fun!

yippiechickie.gif

They look pulletish to me too. And they are blue, the lighter one might end up being splash- they're beautiful!

Last edited:
They are both blue. The lighter one is definately a male. The darker one is probably also a male, I can't see the definition of the comb in the picture, but it is pretty pink.

They are both blue. The lighter one is definately a male. The darker one is probably also a male, I can't see the definition of the comb in the picture, but it is pretty pink.

But they don't have any waddles. By this age I had pullets with combs just like this and then my 2 roosters but their combs are a lot bigger and they began growing their waddles at 3 weeks old. From those pics I would say you have 2 girls, especially at that age!

With my birds, 7 week old pullets have a nearly flat comb. Almost nothing there. Especially under 2 months old. I would guess these are boys if they were in my backyard. Well I might hang on to hope that they were pullets but deep in my heart I would know they are boys.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom