7 week old black copper maran. Pullet or cockerel?

I’m curious too!
I waited till those feathers came in because he was truly giving me the run around. A couple weeks ago he started going into the nesting boxes to check out what the other adult hens were doing. I was super excited that it was a pullet then. Now he’s got full saddle & hackle feathers that seemed to come in within a single day & he’s crowing. Sad crow. He tried his luck yesterday with one of the hens to mount her & she kicked his but in retaliation. Then my main rooster chased him all around the yard. Didn’t fight.

I waited till those feathers came in because he was truly giving me the run around. A couple weeks ago he started going into the nesting boxes to check out what the other adult hens were doing. I was super excited that it was a pullet then. Now he’s got full saddle & hackle feathers that seemed to come in within a single day & he’s crowing. Sad crow. He tried his luck yesterday with one of the hens to mount her & she kicked his but in retaliation. Then my main rooster chased him all around the yard. Didn’t fight.
Ahhh bummer! I have a sexed pullet from a breeder that is looking VERY boy like at about 5 weeks old. Thinking I will be returning “her” soon :-/ She’s huge and has wattles and is a bit of a butt! All bad signs!

Attachments

• B612F28C-93CE-4D62-931A-092F8B9CC87F.jpeg
    B612F28C-93CE-4D62-931A-092F8B9CC87F.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 38

Back
Top Bottom