7 week old khaki Campbells

Thank you. They don't sound like our other drake( runner), yet they dont quack like our one female a runner also. Our pekin im guessing is female it lets out a deep quack or 2 but is normally quiet. The 2 KC have a deep crackling noise. Waiting to figure out gender iis hard. Lol I am trying to get it on video.
Did you buy them Teactor Supply?

Yes. So they could be mixed with something else correct?
Only if they are a hybrid breed like a Golden 300, which is possible (and a Khaki mix). The reason I asked is that tractor supply uses Hoover’s hatchery. Hoover’s sells sexed ducklings. So, it stands to reason that for egg laying ducks, like Khaki Campbell’s, people order and pay extra for the females and the left over males go to the Tractor Supply stores. I’m sure they sell some females too but it sure seems like there are a lot of people on BYC who post about all the drakes they ended up with.

Only if they are a hybrid breed like a Golden 300, which is possible (and a Khaki mix). The reason I asked is that tractor supply uses Hoover’s hatchery. Hoover’s sells sexed ducklings. So, it stands to reason that for egg laying ducks, like Khaki Campbell’s, people order and pay extra for the females and the left over males go to the Tractor Supply stores. I’m sure they sell some females too but it sure seems like there are a lot of people on BYC who post about all the drakes they ended up with.
Attached are pictures when they were about a week old. They fit the golden 300 female discription with of brown and I resently read all golden 300s have black ot brown legs and feet. We got our pekin, 2 runners at the same time and pekin female and one of each on the runners. We have another pekin, an appleyard both 3 weeks and 2 magpies.2 days. Hoping to get my ratios right cause like them all and hopefully wont have to rehome any. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Resized_20230322_203625.jpeg
    Resized_20230322_203625.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20230322_203638.jpeg
    Resized_20230322_203638.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 0
Attached are pictures when they were about a week old. They fit the golden 300 female discription with of brown and I resently read all golden 300s have black ot brown legs and feet. We got our pekin, 2 runners at the same time and pekin female and one of each on the runners. We have another pekin, an appleyard both 3 weeks and 2 magpies.2 days. Hoping to get my ratios right cause like them all and hopefully wont have to rehome any. Thank you for your help.
They look like Khaki Campbell’s to me.

Back
Top Bottom