7 week old khaki Campbells

I can see why you are having trouble, yours are tough. I have been able to tell with mine by the feathers above their tails. Khaki boys have dark, solid colored feathers and girls have lighter, two-toned feathers (see photos of my first pair below). So, my best guess is that you have three boys. Even then though your one on the left looks like it has two-toned dark feathers?? If they are boys, their voices will change soon (if they are still making peeping sounds) to raspy. Girl quacks are hard to miss. They are really loud and funny. If you post a video which includes them making noise we should be able tell you for sure.View attachment 2186523View attachment 2186524
This is great info. Thank you. I have 4 khakis. 3 have the lighter back and 1 is quieter and the largest and has the muted dark lower back. So I believe I have 1 drake and 3 ducks.

I can see why you are having trouble, yours are tough. I have been able to tell with mine by the feathers above their tails. Khaki boys have dark, solid colored feathers and girls have lighter, two-toned feathers (see photos of my first pair below). So, my best guess is that you have three boys. Even then though your one on the left looks like it has two-toned dark feathers?? If they are boys, their voices will change soon (if they are still making peeping sounds) to raspy. Girl quacks are hard to miss. They are really loud and funny. If you post a video which includes them making noise we should be able tell you for sure.View attachment 2186523View attachment 2186524
Any guess on these 2. They are 6.5 weeks.

Attachments

• 20230429_141918.jpg
    20230429_141918.jpg
    710.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230426_132547.jpg
    20230426_132547.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
Any guess on these 2. They are 6.5 weeks.
I would say the one on the right in the first picture is definitely a drake. He has the dark feathers above the tail and a blue bill. The other one is a quandary. I have had both genders have that tail pattern. The bill is a strange color too. It looks green almost yellow. So, if I was a betting sort I would put my money on drake. Mostly because you are asking. At this age females quack loudly. If you aren’t sure, good chance it is a drake. I am just guessing on this one though.

I would say the one on the right in the first picture is definitely a drake. He has the dark feathers above the tail and a blue bill. The other one is a quandary. I have had both genders have that tail pattern. The bill is a strange color too. It looks green almost yellow. So, if I was a betting sort I would put my money on drake. Mostly because you are asking. At this age females quack loudly. If you aren’t sure, good chance it is a drake. I am just guessing on this one though.
Thank you. They don't sound like our other drake( runner), yet they dont quack like our one female a runner also. Our pekin im guessing is female it lets out a deep quack or 2 but is normally quiet. The 2 KC have a deep crackling noise. Waiting to figure out gender iis hard. Lol I am trying to get it on video.

Back
Top Bottom