7-week Pekin Duckling not walking :(

Not sure if it's botulism because she seems to have good control of her head and neck. It might be the moldy food, but I don't know much about how moldy food affects the nervous system, but I know it can be bad. I don't think it's a concussion.

I had another thought of what this might be... I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. We stained part of our fence recently so there was paint splatters on the dirt by the fence. I didn't even think twice that a duck might try to eat it but now I'm thinking she probably ate some of those flecks thinking it was a bug and started to get disoriented so that's why she fell in the window well in the first place but maybe it wasn't too bad at the point that we didn't take notice until she was completely immobile... Ugh
sad.png
Excuse me while I go shovel up the dirt outside with paint splatters on it....

I had another thought of what this might be... I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. We stained part of our fence recently so there was paint splatters on the dirt by the fence. I didn't even think twice that a duck might try to eat it but now I'm thinking she probably ate some of those flecks thinking it was a bug and started to get disoriented so that's why she fell in the window well in the first place but maybe it wasn't too bad at the point that we didn't take notice until she was completely immobile... Ugh
sad.png
Excuse me while I go shovel up the dirt outside with paint splatters on it....
I don't know if that could be the case but I tell ya I am very paranoid about stuff like that, my dh says I take it to extremes but I just don't want to take any chances. I am so glad to hear she is doing better. They'll eat anything.
roll.png

Last edited:
If the paint has lead, then that might be what it is. Fortunately, it looks like she only got a little of whatever it was. Ducklings will nibble and taste a lot of things.

Back
Top Bottom