7 week Wyandottes pullet or cockerel?

Where did you get them? Are they from a hatchery or a private seller?
I think they're both cockerels, and I think they're both mixed or (sorry) very poor quality hatchery birds. The lacing isn't even recognizable as lacing, and while cockerels do have more white or white patches on the wings, those entire wings are white. Add the funky combs and I'm thinking mixed birds.

Here are some hatchery stock cockerels at almost 7 weeks:

I know it's hard to see, but I had two cockerels (one is in this picture on the far right) with the hatchery stock look as well as female coloring (mostly black with white "lines" within the feather) until they hit about 9 weeks and their feathers started growing in splotchy (as you can see with the second boy in from the right). I also had varying degrees of comb development but all had wattles (though even on my boys they were pretty small).

I'm a little sad if they are roos-my ordinance doesn't allow them, I can only have hens. I got them from a private seller but based on what you all are saying I wonder that they didn't get them from a hatchery :( The darker one is actually getting prettier. I was already betting on the lighter one being a roo when they were chicks because he was so outgoing and curious even as a baby.

Back
Top Bottom