Chirping
Jan 13, 2018
IMG_2430.JPG
IMG_5798.JPG
IMG_5413.JPG
IMG_5782.JPG
IMG_5772.JPG
IMG_5712.JPG
I posted 7 weeks ago asking if people could pick the sex of my two chicks , most people said too young and post again later so doing that now .
Pretty sure they have the same biological mother , and different fathers

They will be 8 weeks old tomorrow/next day and current photos taken in last two days .

The grey bantam one is called Luna
The Red Frizzle is called Mardi

Last edited:
I agree, cockerel and pullet. :) Oh GOODNESS, I'm just so in love with their hairdos! :love Those are some first-class cutie pies. ;)

~Alex

Thanks , they where a pretty good lucky dip .
Luna takes after mums "hairstyle " while Mardi takes after Dad .

PS when I got the eggs we had no idea who where the dads , there are about 12 on the farm that had possible access to the hen.
Having said that I'm assuming the rooster pictured I'd Mardi's Dad , I think you can see the family resemblance. Same with Luna's dad , he's the only no red in the farm and she takes after his colouring
IMG_5854.JPG
IMG_5855.JPG
IMG_3672.JPG

Is the silkie one of the parents? They look like silkie crosses. The red looks like a frizzle. Do they both have black legs/feet and feathering?
No the silkie has no biological links to them , she's just their broody mum, but we are thinking the biological may all Be part silkie . Mum has a crest and both dads have feathered legs and Mardi's dad has a walnut comb.
Mardi (red) has 5 toes , but pink skin and is definitely a frizzle.
Luna has 4 toes and had darker skin at hatch but it's now basically the same colour as Mardi.
Yes both have dark legs and feathers on their feet.
I've attached what we have worked out is their biological family
Mums in the middle with the best guesses of dads under the respective chicks. All the adults are bantamish sizes
IMG_5857.JPG

Back
Top Bottom