7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    RAv!! I do Lol gnite

2. chicknlove

chicknlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2012
    Oregon
    [​IMG]

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Not debating and end of conversation because I dont want to bicker.... This is NOT based on his discussion, that is just thrown in there. there are other studies and abstracts should you care to research it yourself. And I have already stated to remove at day 10 [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    night sweets!

5. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    But Sally, they were not put there for stressing the eggs, they were put there for elevation changes as a way to manage humidity.

A red vent plug is located on the top of the
    incubator. This should be removed when the
    incubator is used at altitudes greater than 6000
    feet above sea level. The plug may also be
    removed during or after the hatch if water drops
    appear on the window due to high humidity. This
    will help to dry the chicks and the incubator. If
    removing the plug does not reduce the humidity
    enough, it may be necessary to prop up the
    top slightly, to facilitate drying. If so, be sure
    to maintain proper temperature. Alternately,
    the top may be removed quickly, and moisture
    wiped from the windows to aid drying. Replace
    the plug after chicks are removed

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Are you aware of how many people have hatched through my suggested incubation methods Ron that are not even members of BYC? I really really dont want to argue, or act like I know it all. because thats not me, I like to genuinely help people. What I didn't want to do is make poor chknlove look like she started something between us, cause I really really do LOVE YOU! You are amazingly helpful to so many people here on BYC! Keeping the vent plugs in the bator is not going to cause so much dramatic stress as you act out and you know it and like I said, I already stressed the importance of pulling the plugs. And do you think you need to tell me what holes in the bator are for? [​IMG] Seriously I wont debate Ron, I love you too much for this, I wont do this with you any more. I was too upset the other year about it.

8. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Got 'em! Was taking my time looking them over... beautiful!! :)

9. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    I'm going to have to bow out for this years hatch. Things just aren't working out and I don't have the time right now to take the proper care if baby chicks.

I'll still to watching everybody else though.

HAPPY HATCHING!

10. chattery41

chattery41 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2014
    near Cleveland TN
    LMBO ! I think you're right ! I also think BYC was started by a Master chicken. When i first started with chickens i was just searching for info on egg laying, coop ideas, etc. I stumbled on "all things chicken" here at BYC and lo and behold i'm reading about baby chicks and incubating and all those cute pics ! I think it's mass hypnosis, ~~you will make or buy an incubator and hatch yourself some fuzz butts and you will remember none of this when u awake~~yep, Master Chicken. [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by