7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Can somebody drive me home?
giphy.gif
a8f4e5388fd5450bbe5c7cc3bd598a37.gif

You should be like me. Nice and calm. :cool: You won't see any posts from me asking when my ducks will hatch. Nope! Nope! Nope! :gig Uh oh! I have five more duck and 50+ chicken eggs right now! I didn't do anything! I am innocent! Innocent I tell ya! You heard them! EVERYONE HEARD THAT!!!!! I MUST set more duck eggs!:jumpy
I HEARD THAT! :ya :ya
Oh my goodness! I want it!!
Well I'm not sure about that statement considering distilled water is boiled in the process. For that reason, many people believe it to give less chance of bacterial growth. With a lot of folks using well water, Chlorine is present but is typically in trace amounts (at least here anyway) and variable as is copper. All that said, I use my tap water in my incubator because I know what's in it (I have a pool that I fill with my well so I have to test it) and I run low humidity in my bators so I don't use much water if any until lockdown.
I have been drinking jalapeno honey whiskey chasing it with crown royal rye. At this point I feel too good to give a crap.
Oooooh! Jalapeño!
Whew..that's better, scared me there for a min. Could have been taken with offense. :p And, jalepeno? Really? I haven't had a drink in over 24 yrs. I don't miss the drinking now. :D
Lol. I wont miss it in the morning. Yes it was an impulse buy.. honey jalapeno whiskey. Tastes like a dead armadillo puked up a jalapeno....with a slight note of tupelo honey on the back end
Oh. :-(
take Uber.
Lmbo. Uber in Skipperville Alabama?
Goodness. We don't even have it here!

Wind Storm, Heavy rain, lost power yesterday for 2 hours, probably today again for who knows how long... Not sure a hatchalong is a good idea for me (or anyone within 2 hours of Spokane unless their incubator is chicken... or plugged into a generator).

Still doing it, but I see bad things happening...

Wind Storm, Heavy rain, lost power yesterday for 2 hours, probably today again for who knows how long... Not sure a hatchalong is a good idea for me (or anyone within 2 hours of Spokane unless their incubator is chicken... or plugged into a generator).

Still doing it, but I see bad things happening...

My Genesis 1588 connects to a car battery. My estimate is that it will run the incubator for two days. Then I can keep it going in the car.

Since you guys were so helpful with my last question (Thank you!) I actually have 1 more ;) My eggs arrived and are super muddy...they look like mud balls...silly ducks! Should I rinse them off? I tried googleing to no avail. I just got a Brinsea and don't really want to put potentially Bacteria ridden mud balls in there just yet...but I don't want to hurt their chances of making it either. Do you guys rinse your eggs when they look like this....

Back
Top Bottom