7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Actually, the only casualty was the bantam coop itself... blew across our hill into a 12ft 4x4... I figured the poor things were either dead our blown away, but my little Merry girl led them to the old duck house and they were tucked in safe and sound... Sulmtalers just went over sideways, disgruntled but no injuries... we lucked out...

For sure

Its like Ron trying to herd bullfrogs into the bed of a pick-up truck.
Some people jumped the gun a bit. I didnt set until Dec 13.

That is a great description!

We did have a +- 2day set from the 11th so we will have late and early hatches.

I just candled the eggs and upped the humidity. 4 of them have internal pips! This is day 18 for them but they are Seramas. I know a lot of people say their Seramas hatch on day 19, but mine have always hatched on day 21. This incubator is new to me, so it looks like they are going to pop out earlier than I'm used to!

I just candled the eggs and upped the humidity. 4 of them have internal pips! This is day 18 for them but they are Seramas. I know a lot of people say their Seramas hatch on day 19, but mine have always hatched on day 21. This incubator is new to me, so it looks like they are going to pop out earlier than I'm used to!

Looks like it. Don't forget to post pics. I really love your seramas
1f60d.png

Do you pronounce serama like ceramic?

Actually, the only casualty was the bantam coop itself... blew across our hill into a 12ft 4x4... I figured the poor things were either dead our blown away, but my little Merry girl led them to the old duck house and they were tucked in safe and sound... Sulmtalers just went over sideways, disgruntled but no injuries... we lucked out...
Mother nature can be scary for sure!

Candled my eggs, looks like I might have a late quitter, and the porous egg has a much bigger air cell and I might have seen an internal pip?! Better get these things locked down!

Back
Top Bottom