7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Was so glad to read the post about it taking 46 hours from first to last hatch. I had 5 eggs under a broody: 2 have hatched and it's been over 24 hours. I candled the remaining 3 & 2 had a darker mass on one side but one seemed rather clear. I couldn't tell if there was any movement in either of the two darker ones. That was actually the first time I've candled & this is my first time hatching.
smile.png
This was my longest hatch. I usually wait 24 hours after the last hatched chick to check the unhatched eggs. This time I opened the last 3 right after the last chick hatched.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1639632199658072&id=1574493952838564

Mama hatched 20 out of 21 eggs. One got squished. So she has got 19.
Had duck eggs in the incubator. ..36...give you a count on them and a picture tomorrow.
Wonderful! So adorable!
love.gif
I am curious, when I went to your FB link, the page opened in landscape mode, using the full screen without the annoying crap on the sides. How did you do that? I have searching for something like that, but I can't find it.
he.gif

This was my longest hatch. I usually wait 24 hours after the last hatched chick to check the unhatched eggs. This time I opened the last 3 right after the last chick hatched.

One breed, the Arkansas Blues, hatche over three days!

They are crazy frustrating to hatch.

BTW, the 6th Svarthöna chick hatched today
yesss.gif
and the project egg is pipped.
fl.gif
After this last egg hatches, I have about 10 days to get my incubator fixed to hatch the next batch.

Back
Top Bottom