7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

All 7 of mine hatched. Plus 3 that I set a few days later. So, these are all silkies. I have 10 that hatched 12/26-1227, then 10 that hatched 12/31-1/2. Only 5 of the HAL chicks actually hatched on 1/1. One hatched about a half hour too early, (11:30 PM), and the next didn't hatch until late in the day.

I was NOT breeding these for true color or show quality. Just fluffy chickens. I did get 2 that are blue, 4 that are black, but the rest are cute brown/black patterned chicks. I'll try to get pictures - my problem with photos of the chicks is they don't stay still and everything is blurry!!

I tried to catch up on all the posts - but I was 60 pages behind!! I skimmed through and looked at all the photos - they are so CUTE!! I loved the ducks, the chickens, the puppy and even the pigeons (although baby pigeons are sort of ugly).

Congratulations on all the hatches/births. Sorry for all the losses!! I looked into the 2 eggs from my 12/26 hatch that didn't. 1 was an earlier quitter, the second was FULLY grown, no pip, wasn't shrink wrapped. I couldn't find anything wrong with it, other than it wasn't alive.

I have 10 more set to hatch on 1/13, then 24 set to hatch on 1/22.

Happy Hatching!!

All 7 of mine hatched. Plus 3 that I set a few days later. So, these are all silkies. I have 10 that hatched 12/26-1227, then 10 that hatched 12/31-1/2. Only 5 of the HAL chicks actually hatched on 1/1. One hatched about a half hour too early, (11:30 PM), and the next didn't hatch until late in the day.

I was NOT breeding these for true color or show quality. Just fluffy chickens. I did get 2 that are blue, 4 that are black, but the rest are cute brown/black patterned chicks. I'll try to get pictures - my problem with photos of the chicks is they don't stay still and everything is blurry!!

I tried to catch up on all the posts - but I was 60 pages behind!! I skimmed through and looked at all the photos - they are so CUTE!! I loved the ducks, the chickens, the puppy and even the pigeons (although baby pigeons are sort of ugly).

Congratulations on all the hatches/births. Sorry for all the losses!! I looked into the 2 eggs from my 12/26 hatch that didn't. 1 was an earlier quitter, the second was FULLY grown, no pip, wasn't shrink wrapped. I couldn't find anything wrong with it, other than it wasn't alive.

I have 10 more set to hatch on 1/13, then 24 set to hatch on 1/22.

Happy Hatching!!
Yes, silkie photos..needed soon. Congratulations!

Does anyone else still have chicks/ducks, anything..still hatching?
My last one hatched this morning.
smile.png
Next batch due in 12 days.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom