7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I have one! I bought it accidentally, but it has been great so far! I also have an exoterra and a Brinsea incubator. This one is actually more stable temperature and humidity wise then the Exoterra. Granted, when my exoterra went down this silly eBay bator saved my eggs (right out of its box) so I am partial to it right now. You will want to turn off the humidity alarm (it was going off a lot while I was setting it up) but that is an easy fix. Once you get it all stabilized, this isn't an issue but it's annoying at first. I have some of my eggs for this hatchalong in there right now so we will see how it is...I actually planned on using it as a hatcher but so far it's been great as an incubator.

OK Thank You. I may get one then.

Quote:
I candled all my eggs last night; the Christmas eggs and the eggs for this hatch that were put in on the 11th and I have questions.

For this thread's hatch I had a couple of blue eggs that I didn't see a vein but they showed change and I imagine there'll be veining if I candled tonight. Some eggs showed a vein or two and some eggs showed embryos with vein development! I saw veins at the end of day 2 with the Christmas hatch which totally surprised me, and some didn't show development...but did show development later on.

Do some eggs start developing before others in the same group? And that much? The oldest egg of mine for this thread is from the 26th of Nov. so it's a pretty tight hatch (for me.) I don't remember seeing this in the hatches I did this summer/fall. I'm an extreme novice at incubating so I don't have the experience and knowledge for comparison. I have forced air and no noticeable cool spots. I rotate eggs in position and level to keep everything even. And as far as I can tell I should be hitting the 95.5-100 range by what my calibrated thermometers say. I have a variety of sizes of eggs incubating, but both regular sized eggs and tiny eggs showed slightly more developed eggs AND lesser developed eggs.
hu.gif
(I hope this makes sense...I'm beyond exhausted today...lol!)
th.gif

Ruby, we need the snow! We have been a pretty bad drought for yrs. We love knowing that we are getting snow on our mountains too, that's where it really needs to be for us..snow run off is important during the spring..to fill up our reservoirs and lakes.

Is anybody using an incubator like this? I see them on e-bay with the 48 egg turner. How do the preform?
Had one. It holds the temp and humidity like no other. But, I like my humidity low, and it kept beeping at me. I hatched 26 out of 29 eggs that went into lock down with it. I didn't actually lock down and hatch in it, but did incubate the whole time. The turner gave out on me, I've heard several people say that they do, but I got another and put it in. Works great, if you don't mind hearing the beeping. I let a friend have it..just have to be careful not to put too much water in there, I'm talking only drops in the first two weeks. It keeps humidity..I would put a couple of drops in every couple of days to keep in around the mid 30's after the first week.

I have one! I bought it accidentally, but it has been great so far! I also have an exoterra and a Brinsea incubator. This one is actually more stable temperature and humidity wise then the Exoterra. Granted, when my exoterra went down this silly eBay bator saved my eggs (right out of its box) so I am partial to it right now. You will want to turn off the humidity alarm (it was going off a lot while I was setting it up) but that is an easy fix. Once you get it all stabilized, this isn't an issue but it's annoying at first. I have some of my eggs for this hatchalong in there right now so we will see how it is...I actually planned on using it as a hatcher but so far it's been great as an incubator.

Oh! Now I see this!!

Back
Top Bottom