7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I have internal pips!!! These are my two week old ducklings playing in our kitchen. Please excuse my beer fermenters in the background. They aren't very pretty, but they are delicious! I love these two ducks! They are kind of like having puppies. My pointer loves them too! They are his ducks...he thinks. If they peep at night he will get up and check them and then come back to bed. He lays down and let's them peck and run all over him. He's a sweet boy!

I have internal pips!!! These are my two week old ducklings playing in our kitchen. Please excuse my beer fermenters in the background. They aren't very pretty, but they are delicious! I love these two ducks! They are kind of like having puppies. My pointer loves them too! They are his ducks...he thinks. If they peep at night he will get up and check them and then come back to bed. He lays down and let's them peck and run all over him. He's a sweet boy!

So cute! What a good dog!

Oh yeah and the pair that are raising that baby are exceptional nest builders. Most pigeons put only a few pieces of hay or sticks down and call that a nest
gig.gif

Congrats everyone on all your new babies! My hatch is still continuing. Since my Temps were low, my babies that were due Friday are still working their way out. I have 5 so far. 3 ameraucana mixes, one silkie mix and one rhodebar pullet
smile.png
. I was hoping they'd all be on time and the ones that were due today would hatch since I have a lady coming to buy some today lol. Oh well, as long as I have some for her. Thera still an ameraucana and a rhodebar egg in there, both pipped and I think 5 BCM eggs so working on it (at least one of those is pipped so far).

Whoever is having issues with wry neck, I've had success treating by giving a mixture of vitamin E and Selenium. I would just crush about 1/4 tablet of selenium and mix it with a couple drops of edible vitamin E oil (used a little water with vitamins/electrolytes to water it down) and gave it twice a day in an eye dropper. I think that mixture was enough for 1 day. Improvements only took a day or so but I continued to give it for about a week or so. This was for a turkey poult last year that had a rough time. Unfortunately, i ended up losing the little guy to a totally different thing but he was getting so strong before that. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/983431/help-tangled-umbilical-distended-yolk#post_15368233 Here's a thread to the link about Will. It doesn't mention the wry neck until about the 5th post but in case anyone was interested. Good luck!

I will check that out! The more knowledge, the better. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom